- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering and Scientific Computing, University of Michigan, 2001
- M.S. in Mathematics, University of Michigan, 1999
- M.S.E. in Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan, 1996
- B.E. in Aeronautics and Astronautics, Tokai University, 1994
- Associate Research Fellow, NIA 2007-present
- Research Fellow, University of Michigan, 2001-2007
- Algorithm development for computational fluid dynamics
Accurate, Stable and Robust Methods for the Solutions of Hypersonic, Turbulent, Chemically Reacting Flows on Unstructured
To develop improved algorithms for 2nd-order finite-volume methods for hypersonic flow applications.
Hyperbolic Reconstructed-Discontinuous-Galerkin Method for Accurate Unsteady Viscous Simulations on Unstructured Grids
To improve current state-of-the-art arbitrarily-high-order discontinuous Galerkin methods by a unique combination of the reconstructed DG and hyperbolic Navier-Stokes method.
Unstructured RANS Solver Project
To provide a consulting support for the company to develop/improve a 3D finite- volume RANS code for incompressible and compressible flow simulations.
Jeffery A. White, Hiroaki Nishikawa, and Robert A. Baurle. “Weighted Least-squares Cell-Average Gradient Construction Methods For The VULCAN-CFD Second-Order Accurate Unstructured Grid Cell-Centered Finite-Volume Solver”, AIAA Scitech 2019 Forum, AIAA SciTech Forum, AIAA 2019-0127.
Lingquan Li and Jialin Lou and Hong Luo and Hiroaki Nishikawa, “A New Formulation of Hyperbolic Navier-Stokes Solver based on Finite Volume Method on Arbitrary Grids”, AIAA Paper 2018-4160, AIAA 2018 Fluid Dynamics Conference, 25 – 29 June 2018, Atlanta, Georgia.
Hiroaki Nishikawa, From Hyperbolic Diffusion Scheme to Gradient Method: Implicit Green-Gauss Gradients for Unstructured Grids, Journal of Computational Physics, Volume 372, 2018, Pages 126-160
- Nishikawa and Y. Liu, “Third-Order Edge-Based Scheme for Unsteady Problems” AIAA Paper 2018-4166, AIAA 2018 Fluid Dynamics Conference, 25 – 29 June 2018, Atlanta, Georgia.
H. Nishikawa and Y. Liu, ” Accuracy-Preserving Source Term Quadrature for Third-Order Edge-Based Discretization”, Journal of Computational